Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cylinder exchange or entire core exchange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder exchange or entire core exchange?

I started work on fixing my ski today. It's a '99 GTX RFI. Last time I rode her was Sept and the ski over heated and now the engine's toast. There's only ~25psi in one of the cylinders. So I pulled the motor today to check things out. One of the cylinders looks pretty burned and there was metal shards in both cylindrs and throughout the crank case. There was also some sand/sea shell fragments in the exhaust mainfold and in one of the cylinders (not sure where that came from because I never have run the ski in less than 3 ft of water, but that's a moot point now). The crank casing also had a decent amount of water in it. So my question is, would a cylinder exchange be enough to fix my problem and be back up and runnning, or is it more likely that I need an entire new engine? I've attached some pics of what the engine looked like. Thanks a lot for any input and ideas.:beer
    Attached Files

Re: Cylinder exchange or entire core exchange?

There is no doubt your crank is toast too - you need a whole engine.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I thought so. The little pieces of metal in the crank case are never a good thing. The part that really annoys me is this will be the 4th engine in this ski. They don't buy chance sell super charged engines for this model ski, do they?

Comment

Sure - it's called a 227 RXP :)
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X