major problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major problem

i am new to SBT and there engines but from wht ive heard there pretty good... i recently bought 2 new engines just 2 weeks ago for my 99 seadoo speedster sk and have a tech install them.. after alot of money spent on the engines and the tech to install them we come to reralized that 1 of the engines has a major problem internaly... now i have to pay him to pull the engine out and ship it back and then pay him to reinstall it... this is a joke! why do i have to pay a tech to take something out that suposed to be rebuilt and like new and then put it back in.. this is now gonna cost me hundreds of dollars for something that isnt my fault but is SBT's fault.... i didnt even get the engine started and is the reason why it didnt start cos from wht i hear from my tech a brass or something, gear is striped inside the engine....will SBT cover my losses to pay a tech to pull out and reinstall a defective engine that i couldnt even get started???????????? i am soo mad about this and have been without my boat already for over a month cos im in canada and is hard to get the engines here. i hope SBT can step up and help me hear and do something about this besides just takeing the engine back and sending me a new 1.. ive heard good things about SBT i just hope they can be as good and as helpful as i hope....

PS sorry for spouting off but what should i do???

Re: major problem

Please call toll free 877.330.0231 and ask for the warranty department. You will need the serial number that is stamped on your motor, or can be found in the back of the owners manual.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

I was also told that SBT would not cover mechanic's cost on a defective engine replacement.

Comment

The warranty is parts only for normal claims.
        Last edited by Technical Support; 06-22-2007, 10:30 AM.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by hhcustoms
          I was also told that SBT would not cover mechanic's cost on a defective engine replacement.
          thats true so now im stuck payn another 500 bucks for my mechanic takeing it out and haveing to put new 1 in because the socalled engine i bought that was suposed to be LIKE new doesnt last 20 mins from poor rebuilding and when i talk to the manager in the warrenty department of course they blame my mechanic for not installing it right so they dont have to hear me be mad for a engine i bought from them costing me more money then wht its worth... soooo mad and none of them could even say anything to me besides its not there fault blah blah blah and blame me or my mechanic! all i say is not only did i get a sh*t engine i also got bad service over the phone and told it was my fault

ohh also funny when i bought 2 engines from them because these things went in a 99 speedster sk boat and the other engine is fine and it was installed the exact same way... so i call BS.... thx SBT for the crap and not even tryn to make it up some how ... not even picking up my shipping bill on me sending the frikn thing back....

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
            The warranty is parts only for normal claims.
            what do you consider a normal claim?

Comment

Please call in and speak with the Warranty department sir, I know nothing about your case. 877 330 0231
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
                Please call in and speak with the Warranty department sir, I know nothing about your case. 877 330 0231
                i already did and didnt get treated very well nor did they offer to help me besides telln me now that they dont have the engine in stock and they dont know when then will send me a new one and too bad they wont help me recover any of my cost for shipping engine back or my mechanic

Last edited by crazymike; 06-29-2007, 02:46 AM.

Comment

i love how they wont stand behind there product and quik to blame me for lack of oil or something when i put in more then wht they told me too and my mechanic clearly saw a bent pin with gears on it and that was the prob not just lack of compression

still waiting for my replacement engine:emoticond

Edit: The engine (717) was on backorder. We got one out as soon as we could get one available. It was shipped on 6/27 and is on the way to the customer - SBT
                  Last edited by Technical Support; 06-29-2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

thx for editing my reply as i was just about to reply that my engine was finaly shippd out.. thx for doing yourself tho:emoticonb

hopefuly this one will last longer then 20 min (cross's his fingers)

Comment

Working...
                    X