Water in engine? 93 Yamaha Waverunner III WRA650R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in engine? 93 Yamaha Waverunner III WRA650R

I made a mistake today in flushing my Yamaha Waverunner. I did not have a manual and was have having a tough time figuring out how to flush the waverunner. I attached the flush kit to the water intake and started the engine. Unfortunately, I had my girlfriend working the faucet and she turned the water on too high and stalled the engine. I yelled to turn the water off, but instead of turning the water off, she came to see what I had said. I rushed and turned the water off. It took a while for the machine to start again, but it did start again and ran fine. I am worried however that since the water was on high pressure, I got water in the engine and I don't know how to drain the water out or check if there is any in the engine. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Second, I was able to purchase a manual for the sea-doo and it states to put the flush kit on the outlet hose instead of the inlet hose. Is this where I should have placed the flush kit on this boat as well? It is a 1993 Yamaha Waverunner III WRA650R.

Re: Water in engine? 93 Yamaha Waverunner III WRA650R

If it started, you did not have water in it, you're fine.

Yes flushing should be done from the outlet, to flush debris back out the way it came in. If you did it backwards, no big deal - it's better than most people - not at all.

The engine didn't stall because of water pressure. The idle is probably set way too low. Set it to 3000 out of the water.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X