Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Doo Misfire / Backfire SBT Motor

Bill,

Just put a new SBT motor in a 97 Sea Doo Challenger Jet Boat! After starting it, the motor backfired threw the carbs, and exhauts.

- Put another set of plugs in, no change. I did not snip the HTL, will try it in the morning.

- Pulled the carbs, and opened them up once again, all seemed to check out inside. Carbs, have never been re-adjusted, need specs, for this jetboat, to recheck.

- Pulled the rotory valve cover/intake manifold, to recheck the rotory valve timing. Checked out at 147* BTDC.

- Customer did replace the trigger coil, could you cross the wires comming off the trigger at the pin connector?

- When removing the flywheel, the stator was removed. I did mark it, and put it back on the fly, as I took it off. Don't know if the mag was removed previously. Going to try a strobo light test before I tear back into this.

- Vaccumed the fuel tank dry, new fuel with break in oil, and fuel aux. / carb internal filters.

- Might the crank be out of phase from SBT?

Any help/tips is appreciated, before I press on witht the trouble shooting......

Thanks

SSP

C. Samora
    SAMORA'S SKI PERFORMANCE
    WWW.SSPRACING.COM

Re: Sea Doo Misfire / Backfire SBT Motor

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15384
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X