Zxi Will Not Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zxi Will Not Fire

I recently bought a 96 zxi 900. This is my first ski so I am new to the whole jetski thing. The ski is in fair condition but I can tell that it has been tinkered with (misc bolts missing here and their). I have never been a fan of oil injection so first thing I did to the ski was install the block off kit, and I am know running 40:1 using penzoil marine 2-stroke sythetic blend w/93 octane fuel. After the block off kit was installed, I drained all the old gas out of the tank and put 10 gallons of 93 octane with 1qt of OIL. I took the ski out on the lake and it ran great, no hesitation, good strong idle, reved clean and smooth all the way up to 8000rpms, and it would start right up and idle without any throttle play (even when cold). Just yesterday I brought the ski to the lake and could not get it to fire (yes the gas switch was in the on position). The night before bringing it to the lake I cranked it over and it fired right up, I let it run for about 5seconds and shut it down (at this point I think that gas switch might have been off). I have good spark at all three plug wires, and the plugs (brand new) were wet the first time I pulled them. I dried and reinstalled the plugs thinking that they were just fouled, cranked it over with the choke on and again got nothing, tried giving it throttle, and got nothing. Pulled the plugs a second time and they were dry. Also while cranking it over I couldnt smell much gas comming from the exhaust so It seems as though I am not getting fuel. I did not have any startor fluid w/me at the time so I could not self prime the motor to try to get it running. I dont know a whole lot about the ZXI as far as the common problems they have, but one thing that I have noticed is the fuel shutoff switch is very difficult to turn on this ski. Do these mechanisms have a tendacy to fail on these things? I will start trouble shooting the ski, but in the meantime if anybody has any suggestions/comments please let me know.
    Steve

Re: Zxi Will Not Fire

did you ever get it running? I just joined, so just saw your post. Did you check the fuel filter? I did have that problem once so I blew it out and it then started.

Comment

Working...
    X