• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing all hope 96 XP, No SpaRk

Okay let me get you up to speed.....
    - 96 xp complete rebuild crankshaft, carbs everything
    - New battery
    - New Stalenoid (replaced after first trying to start)
    - B/R are to the starter and others to the battery 1 red two black

* So after replaceing the stalenoids i got her to fire up even reved it a few times but now i get nothing, She wont turn over
    - I replaced the spark plugs
    - The high temp wires going to the spark plug are NOT getting a spark, I took one off and cut alittle bit off no luck then i took off the top piece (looks like an L) and attached physical metal petruding from the wire to a ground and no spark......Shouldnt i get a spark ther???

- one last thing the high temp sensor is kinda mangled would that cause this short among the circuit its just odd cause she started fine but i havent been able to since Thank you for reading please respond with anyhting im losing all hooooope!!! :(

Re: Losing all hope 96 XP, No SpaRk

so whats the quickest way to sink a ski????????

Comment

Did a diagnostic test 5 presses of the ignition then it was one short beep one long beep....then i out the lanyard on and i get my two beeps

oh yea what ya think Drill holes or maybe some explosives in the hull.... Really could use some feedback about to turn to the bottle...........

Comment

curious to why knowone has replied to this

Comment

If it's still not turning over it may be a bad gound on the block. These are known to get corroded and break off, so check that.

If it is turning over and there is still no spark it may be a bad pickup coil inside the stator housing. I know a bad one affects charging and I'm pretty sure it may affect the spark, I don't have my book in front of me right now. Also, theres another electronic part in the gray mpem box thats known for going bad, just can't remember it's name right now.

Comment

Im curious here as Im having the same issue..Did you hook a testlight up to the coil 12v connection?I did and its very weak which equals no spark.

Comment

Im thinking its the part in the mpem as well.Please let us know..

Comment

The 96 xp had a problem with the pick up in the front cover, or if it had been jump started the mpeg.
                94 gtx, 96XP, 97XP,04 GTC SC,05 RXT & RXP

Comment

small ground wire connected?

make sure the small black wire from the rear box is on neg term of battery. check the fuse in the rear box. check continuity of the small black wire.

Comment

Working...
                  X