Removing Carborators from Intake Manifold on 92 XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Carborators from Intake Manifold on 92 XP

It took me over four hours to get one of the nuts off of the carborator intake manifold today on my XP. It is the one closest to the engine towards the front of the XP. and nothing I found could reach it. It was also difficult to remove the rear nut on the same side. I can not remember the name of the wrenches, but I tried using the small end of the wrench that hooks into a Socket set and you could not get the socket extension past the fuel intake port. I finally used this wrench end and placed a screwdriver into the extension hole and wedged the screwdriver against a bolt to loosen the nut. I tried to find some S-curve open end wrenches later, but have not found anybody who makes them. I finished rebuilding the carbs, but will not be able to tighten the screw back up when I reinstall and need advice. What tool is usually used to remove these nuts from the carbs? The manual said you could also remove the six bolts hooking the manifold to the rotary cover, but you can not get an allen wrench past the carbs to place in the allen wrench hole. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X