1998 Tigershark TS640L Running Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Tigershark TS640L Running Problems

Well...I just bought a set of Tigersharks friday night, they fired right up when I bought them as they did Saturday when I took them to the lake.The TS640 was a little sluggish and in need of a plug job, changed plugs run excellent the rest of the day.The TS640L run great and was running laps around the other. We stopped in a cove to rest for a few mins. and we took back off right from the start I could tell it didnt have near as much power, eventualy it went only to a little above idle speed with throttle wide open.As soon as I got to the shore it died and wouldnt start back.I figured it just needed plugs too so I hopped on the other ski rode up to the marina, got two plugs and changed them.Hopeing this fixed it I hopped on it pushed myself away from the shore hit the button and nothing sadly. When I got back home I put a spark plug tester on them and they was easily clearing the gap, both plug holes would pop your finger off of them so I decided it has to be the gas.Pulled the flame resistor of the top of the carb. poured a little of fuel down the top, hit the button and it fired right up and purred like a kitten until it run that gas out. I figured it has to be in the line, checked the vent lines, fuel filter, blowed through all the hoses they were all free except from the line running from the filter into the carb. I couldnt blow through it to save my life is this my problem somewhere in the carb? Also I noticed they dont have fuel pumps as my sea doo did does it work off the vacuum off the carb.They had been setting for about a year when I got them?Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: 1998 Tigershark TS640L Running Problems

I have 2 of the same 98 model TSL640s. Both of them had to have new fuel valves. If you have a hard time finding them, WSM has them for Polaris. Same exact unit. CHEAP!

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X