Battery Drain down over 4 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Drain down over 4 days?

I own a 1998 Sea-Doo challenger boat. I’m having a few problems and I’m asking for suggestions and hoping you can help. I contacted the dealers and they are backed up 3 to 4 weeks.

It’s a 1998 18’ Sea-Doo challenger boat with twin 110cc engines and a single battery.

Problem: The battery is being drained down over 4 days with no use.

I’ve tried 2 new batteries, same result.. Is there anything that I should be looking at 1st for a possible battery drain when not in use? Some possible problem for those years that something may have been an issue? I pulled the fuses for bilge, lights, acc, radio, lighter, looking to see if the battery still drains. Can you tell me or suggest how I can go about trouble shooting a battery drain? If all fails should I install a on / off switch for the battery? Would a deep cell battery work better?

Re: Battery Drain down over 4 days?

You can troubleshoot it by unplugging different electrical connectors one at a time until it quits drawing current. Start with the accessories, like a bilge pump, guages and anything but the magneto housing connector.The mag connector will take power away from everything once you disconnect it.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: Battery Drain down over 4 days?

do you have a battery switch ? if not i would install one as a safety precauction anyway, but it would solve your problem cheaply

Comment

Working...
      X