98 GTX LTD 951 Wear Ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 GTX LTD 951 Wear Ring

I had to tap my wear ring with a 2 X 4 but it was not near as hard to get in as my 720 one I did. The impeller slid right in and did not have to cut a groove in the wear ring. I lost 4 mph and was expecting a wear ring to give me 2 more mph. Went backwards !

Should a 951 impeller ring cut it's own groove in a new wear ring ? If so should I get a Solas impeller (thinking mine is worn) ? I want my 4 mph back and hopefully a couple more !!

Thanks

Re: 98 GTX LTD 951 Wear Ring

No they won't always cut new clearance. How are you measuring speed? If with the speedo, bear in mind it is highly inaccurate. Only radar or GPS gives you a true reading.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

If it cavates badly on take off, the problem is the deflector is not sealed to the hull. You can remove it and reseal it and the boat will quit cavatating and go faster.
      Bill O'Neal <br>
      WCM
      <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Hi Bill and SBT,

There is no cavitation. I did not align the engine. There was no shims in there when I removed the engine to replace the bendix. There is no shake or vibration in the motor. Could it be the engine alignment ?

I am using the speedo but it does feel slower and also slower out of the hole. It also has a major rattle at idle (Seadoo rattle) It feels like my 720 GTS will be right beside it for top end speed...

Thanks

Comment

What damaged your original wear ring? I don't know if alignment will do that or not.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Nothing damaged my wear ring but it is a 98 and these boards have a lot of hype on changing your wear ring for extra power. I guess not.

I bought a new Seadoo Wear ring so you would think it would be fine. Not ?
            Should there be play in the impeller shaft ? I can move it backwards and forwards slightly (prior to installing) I tightened it as hard as I could.

Thanks

Comment

You darn well better have some play in it or you will be buying a pump real soon.

Try putting your oem impellor back in and see if it goes 4 mph faster. Maybe the Solas is not the right impellor for your ski.
              Bill O'Neal <br>
              WCM
              <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Hi Bill,

I was wondering if a Solas pump would be better. I am running the OEM one still...

Comment

95gts wear ring

half of it is torn off will this not let it reach full speed

Comment

Re: 95gts wear ring

If your wear ring is damaged, the pump will not work as designed.. Replace the wear ring.
                    Dan Solie -
                    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)
                    95 xp (faster than the 94)
                    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I understand that you are looking at your pump and speed etc.

You should definately look at your RPM's at top speed and consider more options than the jet drive like a bad rave valve solenoid, seized rave valves or something like that. Problems with the Rave system usually takes away 4mph and drop your rpm's in the low 6000.

Comment

Working...
                      X