1996 sea doo xp 787 dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 sea doo xp 787 dealer

I recently turned my xp in for a new lanyard I lost to have it programed. I also wanted the dealer to adjust the carbs for idle since I do not have a 2 stroke tach that it requires. Then I received a call the next day from the mechanic saying that my 2nd piston rings were stuck and needed a new engine. He thinks the cause is the water lines were reversed on the cover and the filter was reversed as well. He says 150 psi #1 and 120 psi #2 and pulled the rave off to inspect the cylinder. I think I am being had. I have had this engine for 2 years and had no smoking or noise trouble with it. When I rebuilt the carbs I had trouble setting the idle due too no tank or tach. THe mechanic didn't ever approve the test on my engine before he started. The XP was working fine when it went in started up good and excellerates good, no boogs or lack of power or noise. So what should I do? need help and hope they don't pull a fast one on me. Can the hoses cause this trouble?
    Last edited by gunbunny316; 06-26-2007, 07:54 PM.

Re: 1996 sea doo xp 787 dealer

You know I have been on this board for awhile waiting for tech support to respond, but it seems that they can answer everyone elses question first and avioid mine. again can having the head cooling hoses switched cause one cylinder to go faulty (rings stick and score the walls). Yet the heat range from the thermastate never go into alarm. Or what? and where can I find the proper hose connection lay out?

Comment

Yes to the never get an answer. Ive had to find out how to fix my machines my self and have seemed to never get an answer on these forums . Trying to do my part on what I have learned. By looking at an extra engine that is apart, it looks like there is a slight posibility one cylinder could get in trouble if they where reversed . Their story does sound fishy maybe you sucked one up on the lake.:)

Comment

I believe you will only get help on this forum if you bought a SBT ENGINE OR PARTS. otherwise your on your own unless a private person has the answer.just my 2 cents.....

Comment

This forum is for SBT support. For non-SBT help, go to www.pwctoday.com - hense the large link at the top of the forums:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/index.php?
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

my apologies.:beer

Comment

Working...
            X