1991 seadoo sp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 seadoo sp

I decided to make my own thread on this. Mine started up fine and I rode it easy for 2 minutes and then floored it for about 10 seconds and it died and wouldn't start. Wouldn't start the next day either, but a week later it fired right up. Today I started it up and you bearly touch the throttle and it sounds like a car bouncing off the rev limiter. What would cause this?

Thanks

Re: 1991 seadoo sp

I'm not a jet ski genious but it sounds like you're ignition may have gotten wet? when it dried out a week later it worked again?

Comment

I like that these seadoos have tool kits in them, because while I was floating in the middle of the lake I checked to make sure it had spark and it did. I had some starting fluid too and it wouldn't start. I'm guessing the carb flooded. That I can understand but now it does this bouncing of the rev limiter sound when I barely hit the gas so I duno.

Also I only think this is an sp, I know it's a 91. All the stickers have been removed because the last owner had it repainted and I've tried to get my local dealer to find out by the vin but they don't know either.

Comment

possibly a gasket is leaking between the carb and motor, if you're having crazy idle problems it must be leaking air in somewhere.

Comment

I found out that it's not getting enough gas so I'm going to rebuild the carb

Comment

Working...
          X