Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 1100 have to give full throttle to start after new engine and carb rebuild???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 1100 have to give full throttle to start after new engine and carb rebuild???

Hello all, I recently replaced my engine assembly and rebuilt my carbs on my Yamaha 1100 triple, it used to start without touching the throttle after having been warmed up. Now I have to give it full throttle just to get it started. It will start immediately (without throttle) if if its only been off for less than three minutes, otherwise the throttle has to be held all the way open.?

Any idea why, or more importantly what I can do to change things?

Thanks,

Mark
    Remember, if you do what you always did you get what you always got!

Re: Yamaha 1100 have to give full throttle to start after new engine and carb rebuild???

When you "rebuilt your carbs, did you change the springs from the factory set-up (black & green combonation) to the springs given in the overhaul kits??

Yamaha from the factory and a long lost TSB had springs of different colors, and mixed jetting, mine was a slug when I first assembled the engine (Sept-98).. over the winter, I decided to change the reeds, as they was old, and minor petal damage, and also ordered a jet kit from Riva (as used in their RPM Kit at the time), talk about a world of difference, 3 carbs, identical springs, 3 of the same main jet, larger needle/seats, felt like somebody un-corked the exhaust.

I have the copies of the bulletin(s) at home, I can send to you, but I do not put any faith in them. Go the RIVA route.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Re: Yamaha 1100 have to give full throttle to start after new engine and carb rebuild???

I'd love to see the TSB! I used the springs that came in the SBT rebuild kit (matched the ones that were already in the carbs). Any idea of the part # for the jet kit?Thanks,

Mark
      Remember, if you do what you always did you get what you always got!

Comment

Now you going to make me have to find my envelope full of receipts, let alone my Yamaha manual I have not seen in a long time... bear with me, leaving work as soon as I finish typing.

Found my file of XEROX'd receipts -

All from RIVA Yamaha:

(3) N102.221-115 - SBN 115 MAIN JET
        (3) 786-35015/2.3 - 2.3 SUPER BN NVS
        (3) 730-03027-T - NEEDLE VALVE ARM SPRING

This is the jet-kit that they included as part of the "RPM" package RIVA had for the 1100. Be advised that this is for use with the RY1301 RIVA flame arrestor screens and the RY1338 RIVA carb adapter (38mm), and you will need (3) 6K8-13674-A1-00 gaskets for top of carbs to adapters.

Need you to send me an e-mail so I can attach the bulletins.
        Last edited by CaptToyota; 07-10-2007, 07:39 PM. Reason: EDIT -- add part numbers for carb related parts
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

Working...
        X