yamaha 1100 won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 1100 won't start

I have a 1996 yamaha 1100 waveraider that will not start. It sat over the winter in Utah until now while i was in the hospital ugh. The battery is charged. The gas is fresh. The sparkplugs are new. If starter fluid is sprayed in the carburetor, it starts and runs until the starter fluid is burned, then it dies. It does not seem to be getting any gas to the carburetor or even to the fuel filter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: yamaha 1100 won't start

Not sure but this may help . . .

I have a 97 Venture 1100 that had the same problem. Inspection revealed that the sleeve in the fuel petcock had siezed to the shaft rotating with it when turned to the "on" position thus blocking the port. This allowed fuel to flow only in the reserve position. Also the fuel pickup tubes had been pushed down such that the reserve tube sat tight against the bottom of the tank preventing flow in reserve. No "on" and no "reserve" equals "no run". The manual says the petcock is not servicable. I disassembled it, cleaned and lubed the parts and it now works fine. As for the reserve pickup tube, I cut a "V" notch in the bottom of the tube to prevent complete block-off. Good luck.

Bob

Comment

Re: yamaha 1100 won't start

Go through the fuel system, start at the tank and work your way back to the carbs. Check everything. also open up the carbs and make sure that the needle and seats are not stuck closed.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X