1997 GP1200 Fuel Gauge Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 GP1200 Fuel Gauge Not Working

I have a 97 GP1200 Waverunner and my fuel gauge is not working. I put in a full tank but it still reads as empty. Im not sure what is wrong. I've heard that this happens to alot of the GP1200 waverunners and i am wondering what i can do to fix it. And how much the parts would cost or the labor at a PWC shop? Can someone help me?

Re: 1997 GP1200 Fuel Gauge Not Working

Fuel level sender is seen on-line at $154.17 + shipping, install yourself... part delivered to your door via UPS.

Part #13 --> http://216.37.204.206/shorts/Yamaha_...e=13&A=55&B=15

Shop likely be $75/hr, and then wait time for them get your ski into shop...

Buy a factory Yamaha manual and do the diag yourself, nothing hard about it.

You could alaways just open the lid and look at the fuel in the tank.
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

I made the mistake of not looking through the other posts on this site. A guy had the same problem. He was told to replace just the float. I was wondering if i could just buy that part instead of the whole fuel level sender.

Comment

I fixed this on a 98' GP1200 I had.

I'm not sure you can purchase the float alone.

Over time the fuel saturates the float in there, that's typically what the problem is and why the craft thinks it's fuel is empty constantly.

I would pull out the current float, and replace it with cork and seal it in marine grade materials. I did this to mine, it was a couple days worth of curing, etc. But put it back in, and worked like new.:emoticont

Comment

Originally posted by cwehse
          I fixed this on a 98' GP1200 I had.

I'm not sure you can purchase the float alone.

Over time the fuel saturates the float in there, that's typically what the problem is and why the craft thinks it's fuel is empty constantly.

I would pull out the current float, and replace it with cork and seal it in marine grade materials. I did this to mine, it was a couple days worth of curing, etc. But put it back in, and worked like new.:emoticont
          you said you replace it with cork and seal it in marine grade materials. what was it you put on the cork??? i need to do this to mine as well....if you see this you can email me that info..thanks for your time.....Kevin.... kjetk@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X