Loss of power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power

Ok I have a newly boken in 951, I was running out and taching up quickly and very strong. I developed a problem with the air duct popping off the clip. It was just a minor adjustment to keep it mounted on the carbs. it stays on now but seems to have reduced my power. It only tops out at about 60 mph now and does not seem to tach up as strong now. It also seems as though it is going through much more fuel.. Could there be an air flow problem not letting the engine get enough air?/

CS

Also is it common for the exhaust manifols bolts to vibrate loose.. This just happened this wknd.. It started leaking water into the body of the ski.. It created a huge loss of power.. It still runs.. No water got into the cylinders but it runs rough.. Could this have screwed something up.. I am taking it back to the shop that did the work Thursday to get it fixed. Is there any thing I can do before I take it to the shop to prevent any damage to my new motor?

Re: Loss of power

Yes, having the stock airbox on will reduce performance from no airbox, or it leaking - this is normal.

Yes, you did suck up water, if you had an exhaust leak. You may not think you did, but it will suck up any leak like you wouldn't believe. Yes you may have done damage.

No vibrating bolts is not common, it's caused by improper installation or installation of bad parts such as motor mounts, pipe mounts, or a damaged pump.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

What type of damage could be done by it sucking up some water.?

CS

Comment

Scoring of the pistons. Check your compression.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Had the compression checked today. He said it was still very good. Motor sounded ok when running. We are going to r&r the manifold with new gaskets and Lock tight.

CS

Comment

Working...
          X