Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Limited 1999 Battery draining problem

Hello to all,

I have an XP Limited 1999 and since the beginning of the season, i've been having some electric problems with the machine. First of all, the VTS stopped working due to a 7.5Amp fuse that was blown. I've put a new one in place and left the seadoo in my yard for 1 week. When I tried to start the sea-doo, battery was drained.... I though it was the battery, I changed it, put a brand new one in, charged it overnight at 2Amp. Was working well... again, left in the yard for 1 week and battery was drained again....

I removed the + cable from the battery and without the key in the ignition, if I touch the born, I get some sparks.. It mean that something is taking the juice right ? Since the 7.5Amp fuse (VTS fuse) blowed once, I guess I have an electric problem with the VTS BOX ?

Any help would be appreciated...

Re: XP Limited 1999 Battery draining problem

Here is how I check where the short is comming from.
    Remove the battery. Hook up an ohm meter from the positive to the negative cable. Now you should have a reading (short). Go up the the MPEM and unplug each one of the 3 plugs. Usually one of them will make the short go away. Now look on your schematic and lets say plug 2 unplugged makes the short go away. Plug #2 back in and see what is on this plug, then unplug the other items that go to this plug one at a time. You should be able to track down your short this way. This is my best help. I am tracking one down right now this way myself. Hope this helps.
    Toolmaker

Comment

Re: XP Limited 1999 Battery draining problem

Great advise.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X