95 sl750 issues insight please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 sl750 issues insight please

Buddy just bought 2 skis one a 95 sl750 with performance impeller, and a 96 kaw 1100. Both of these things sat for about 2 years without being in the water, nor do i think stabil was used in the tank, or cyl's were fogged or anything.

buddy topped the tanks off and check the oil and took them out.

here is the thing..

the popo is hard starting like a combo of choking and no choking with half to no throttle, and when it starts you have about a millisecond to stab the gas and be pointing the direction of open water and not let off of it or it will die. after it has ran for about 2 minutes or so she still will not stay idling...she will die, but will fire right back up with a little pressure on the throttle. I was going to adjust the idle when we got back to the dock but didn't do so. I don't know if it might be set too low....

what you would recommend doing to this thing? take the rack of carbs off and teardown and clean? run some cleaner through the gas? stabil? spray some carb spray in the intake and run it WOT a couple times?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. after about 3/4 of they day of riding( about 2.5 hours she started to bog out and die even at 4k rpm)

Re: 95 sl750 issues insight please

wow. don't everyone talk at once lol.

ok update.

I found out the guy that owned the ski's before my buddy put a jet kit in....we ran more gas through it and put in some carb cleaner also.

but in the mix of tweaking with the idle out of water I screwed with one of the vacuum screws. I think i got it back where it was, but i doubt it lol.

we took them out today and it started a little easier, but now has a stumble low/mid(some throttle cruising at a no wake pace um maybe 10-15 mph) also what are the cap looking screw things on the side of the carbs?

does anyone have a stock setting for these carbs?
    what about when you put a jet kit in?

thanks guys I hope

Comment

Working...
    X