96 1100 floating to WOT off line issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 1100 floating to WOT off line issues

if you shut the ski off and start it and then try to stab it to WOT it will bog down and go into like a limp mod until you get off it til about half throttle and then you can stab it again and it's ok.

this bike was just bought and before hand sat for 2 years out of the water.

buddy bought it along with a 95 popo 750 and topped the gas and oil off and put them in the water.

Re: 96 1100 floating to WOT off line issues

clean the carbs!

Comment

Re: 96 1100 floating to WOT off line issues

Originally posted by oldfartson
      clean the carbs!
      yeah that's what i am thinking, he added carb cleaner additive to the gas we didn't get to run them today(cause of issues)

we were tweaking with the carb on the sl the other day and all we did was add the additive to the 1100 and add oil to it...and we launch, his starts, I fire his other one up and start to head out and he stops in the middle of the river to put the rope away that we use to lasso them onto the trailer and around the docks and it stalled out on him...so he put the rope up and then hit the start button and gave it a little gas and it stalled and just clicked....we tow it back to the launch and all it's doing is clicking(i'm not thinking of battery at this point cause the guy that he got them from said they both had brand new batt's) I'm thinking it had something to do with some of the oil he spilled and didn't get all of it wiped up and it tied up the bilge.

we get it back to the house and rinse out the hull and try again, just clicking...so I check the batt connections and they are tight... so out of curiosity before he decides to take them both into the dealer to have them look at it we say lets try jumping it, so we hook the atv with some cables to the ski and boom, fires right up... so we put it on a charger clean the terminals. He called me later and said that it fires right up now.

i don't know.

it still has the stumble off idle to mid to full throttle though, we're working on that.

Comment

Working...
      X