Pop off pressure advice for carb rebuilds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop off pressure advice for carb rebuilds

:emoticont Pop off pressure - This term refers to the amount of fuel pressure needed to push the float needle valve away from it's sealing seat. Pop off pressure is checked with a hand pump that is fitted with an in line gage. The pump is connected to the fuel input fitting of the carb. The return line fitting is then sealed off with one finger while the pump pressurizes the float chamber. The pressure reached on the gauge when the needle gives way is called the pop off pressure. "Adjusting" the pop off pressure is discussed below. If you don't have a pop off pressure gauge, you should get one that has a gauge and pump capable of 30 psi. (Most Mikuni distributors carry them) At the beginning, it's only important to check that the needle holds the pressure back with no leaking up to the point where it pops cleanly away from the seat. Perform the pop off test several times to confirm the actual pop off pressure. Initial pop off pressures on round pump carbs should be between 8 - 12 psi. Initial pop off pressures on the square pump Mikuni and Kiehin carbs (unless otherwise specified) should be no less than 25 psi and no greater than 35 psi.

Re: Pop off pressure advice for carb rebuilds

I'm not sure why you posted that, but it's incorrect. Here is the correct version:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13965
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I got that from a guy at mikuni, i thought it would help,but guess not, i do say that your version is a lot better thanks

Comment

Believe me, that's not from Mikuni. :)

Comment

i have sbt s pop off pressure tool but where can i get the rubber end that you press in to the filter hole ??? i have been checking it through the inlet nipple with the pump and filter installed

Comment

No one has them any more, checking through the fuel inlet works just as well or you will have to make your own adapters.

Comment

Working...
            X