FX140 Oil on Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FX140 Oil on Filter

Wow, I just re-read one of my posts and I guess I really am Southern. (fix them up/fixing a problem). Next thing you know I will be fixing to go to the lake. Thanks for the thoughts, rbi. Sorry for my reality post. I am in a better mood now. My wife feels a little better than we were told to expect.

Good idea about the seat off to see what is leaking. I feel like stuffing these Yamaha service techs under the seat and going for a LONG ride but I think I will take my son out with the seat off. He will get a kick out of it. These type of suggestions are helpful. My mind is pretty useless lately. Hopefully we will get on the water this weekend and I will report back.

Comment

My current problem has turned out to be water so I will now run my mouth at the "2003 FX140 low rpm at WOT" thread.

Comment

Hi I own a 2005 Yamaha fxho and an fx, received jet ski back from mechanic with very high oil level, over F mark on dip stick. He charged me for 4 quarts of oil for each one. Does anyone know approx. HOW MUCH OIL THESE JET SKIS SHOULD TAKE. THANKS Joe

Comment

sorry to bring up a old topic

I have had fx140 with oil in airbox and filter due to ecu issues over fueling and or causing stuck injectors causing fuel in oil causing oil rise and into the intake box. and loss in performance. also seen water rise in oil causing oil in airbox/filter when people don't flush or tow correctly.

it`s also a big issue with the vx110 fx140 fxho with improper oil change and fluid fill ups. its important to add the right amount of oil and check it properly anything just slightly past the full mark when screwed down can be re induced into the air system causing a mess. your oil level can change once warmed up and also during transporting and or weeks/months of sitting the tanks can appear empty. don't be alarmed if there is not any oil in the hull then just crank up the ski for a min and oil should start to build up and rise in the tank.

a tip for vx110 owners ..its very change your air filters because of the box location and sometimes corroded screws so i see alot dirty clog filters because other mechanics fail to check during service and winterization. oil can also soak the filter and water moisture. a good way to know is if your vx is down on speed just pull the intake hose from the air box the throttle body and if you gain all your speed back your filter is surely clogged but please get new filters ever few years and inspect it yearly or ever service.

i use a clear suction tank when toping oil change and usely get 3 qt give or take a half qt when oil level is right. This will determine how much I put back in the machine. rarely I have to suck anything back out just top off i then check the oil run on hose for 5min then check again then i have my guys lake test it and i do a final check to make sure its perfect. remember you will never extract all of the oil in the engine there will always be left over used oil so it is extremely important to change your oil ever 35-40 hours or before it gets to dark in color.

A good way to get and help get water out of the oil system is warm up the ski and leave out the dipstick this will help moisture to escape and or remove the sir box cover so the engine wont suck back in the moisture. Of course make sure to do oil changes and filter change when water or fuel getting into oil. this is a whole new topic that im not getting into but I use a combination of a heavy weight oil change with filter I ride for half hour followed by another oil change of normal spec weight then after 10 hours change again with filter. I leave off/out the cover and dipstick after the 1st oil change for as long as I can to allow moisture to escape. be careful that your haul is clean of all dirt dust trash and debree before riding or reving with lid/stick off. you also want to be careful that oil will not slush or blow out of the tank as oil is hot and you don't want to lose oil or get your ski dirty.
          Last edited by jetskiga@gmail.com; 04-16-2018, 11:55 AM.
          5 year Full Time PWC only Head Mechanic for Central Georgia Power Sports in Macon Georgia .
          Here to Help and Learn PM on the forum for any help. VIST https://www.cgapowersports.com

Comment

Working...
          X