Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 1100 How Much Smoke is too much smoke???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 1100 How Much Smoke is too much smoke???

Hello all, is there such a thing as too much smoke from my Yamaha 1100? When I run the ski on the trailer it smokes out my neighborhood. When I am on the water I leave a trailer thru the no wake zone. I haven't noticed other two strokes smoking as much. The SBT motor only has 10 hours on it and runs well. I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Mark
    Remember, if you do what you always did you get what you always got!

Re: Yamaha 1100 How Much Smoke is too much smoke???

Most skis will smoke less than yours, that's normal. Your pump is not a variable ratio, so it will use a lot more oil. And no, you can't upgrade ;)
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by skuits
      Hello all, is there such a thing as too much smoke from my Yamaha 1100? When I run the ski on the trailer it smokes out my neighborhood. When I am on the water I leave a trailer thru the no wake zone.

Thanks,

Mark

HEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEHEHEHEEE.....
      ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

So basically the amount of smoke I am experiencing is normal for that application???

Thanks again,
        Mark

Comment

I am running into the same thing with my yamaha 760 smoking but I spoke with Yamaha about it and stupid me I am not using Yama Lube. Gotta use Yama Lube all the time because anything else will smoke and will foul your plugs. That is what Yamaha told me so there ya go. Have fun on the water.

Comment

I am using Yamalube in the ski, I found Parker Yamaha in Arizona to have a better price than my local dealer in CA, so I get 5 gallons at a time.

Thanks,

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X