Timing for '98 1100 Zxi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing for '98 1100 Zxi

Put rebuilt SBT engine in over the winter but can't get same performance asold engine. Tops out at ~40 instead of 55. Poor performance / pickup at low speed.

I put a timing gun on it and it looks like it is right on the mark, maybe a slight bit past. How do I adjust the timing to spec 17BTC at 1250RPM, 27BTC at 3000RPM? I don't see anything but the one line that lines up pretty close to needle.

thanks

Re: Timing for '98 1100 Zxi

Timing is not an issue.

What is your top RPM?

What caused the original engine to fail and what other repairs were made?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

top rpm are around 6500-7000.

origional engine failed with rod thrown through block. Think this happened when intake got clogged with weeds and two friends sunk it. I replaced engine with rebuild and put everything back on without any mods. Two of the plugs are pretty oily too. I've ordered new ones.

You say timing isn't issue. Does that mean you don't need to set the timing on these engines (I'm a newbie to jetski's)?

thanks

Comment

Your RPM is fine - if you are really going slower - your engine is not the problem - it's your pump. Inspect it for damage, replace what is needed. No, the timing does not need to be touched.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X