Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tigershark overheat due to hose off what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigershark overheat due to hose off what do you think?

Was riding my tigershark montego. its a 1996. has sbt motor and has been running great. Suddenly while riding it started missing. Thought it might be water related. Idled back to dock and put it up on the trailer. Removed the seat to find the water hose off from the 640 engine. Engine was hot as hell. I waited for 15 minutes hooked a water hose to engine and turned it on and engine cooled off right away. I removed plugs and did a compression check on both cylinders and both read 120 plus. Installed new plugs and started engine with water still running. Engine sounds great again. Question is, is the engine hurt from this. Is there any further things I need to be worried about. I mean it does run great. I will take it on the water tomorrow to be sure. But for now just wondering. Thanks for any help on this. p.s. Engine is under a no fault warranty.

Re: Tigershark overheat due to hose off what do you think?

Keep an eye on it. If it siezes or compression starts dropping, call in for replacement.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Tigershark overheat due to hose off what do you think?

Ok, I took the Tigershark out today, and it ran great. Ran for over 30 minutes and the engine stayed at a good temp. Water shot out the side like it was supposed to. No knocking and I checked the psi on the cylinders after running it and they were both at 120 each. So you think all is well? I mean it sounds good. I guess I dodged a bullet. Back to normal? Thanks Fast

Comment

Working...
      X