2 Cycle Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Cycle Oil

Other than Yamalube 2W, what is the best 2 cycle oil to use? Is Yamalube really any better than anything else?

Re: 2 Cycle Oil

With the money I spent to do my 1100, I run name brand synthetic. Currently over 100+ hr since overhaul.

Amsoil, Klotz, Sea-Doo XPS, is all products I have run in the past. Currently finishing off the last of my KLOTZ Ski-Craft.

http://www.klotzlube.com/storeProdDetails.asp?pi=30

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/hpi.aspx
    ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

If you do not mind; another question:

I removed my intermediate housing because of slop in the bearing. About a cup full of heavy oil came out from the opening. I looked in the manual and it calls for water resistant grease. I ***ume that this was grease at one time and it has broken down. My question is this: Is any marine grease ok and do you just stuff in around the shaft? The manual isn't clear.

Comment

Mobil-1 Synthetic grease is the best there is on the market for that application. Comes in a tub, or a grease gun tube, been getting both for work.

Talked to bearing manufacture rep, they said Mobil-1.

I can tell you for a fact, it will not break down like the bubbley runny brown crap you found when you opened up the housing. I managed to pull the center race out of the 2 row ball behind the prop, and exposed the works to lake water, and rode it in..... got home, took it apart, and grease was still intact, not look like put in blender and pureed with water.

When lubing the bearings in the housing, fill the bearings themselves, and finish filling the cavity with grease. Apply some grease to the lips of the seals also, so the seals are lubed on the shaft.
        Last edited by CaptToyota; 08-21-2007, 07:27 PM.
        ***1100 Venture***<br />OE head mod-- by Riva Yamaha<br />Wiseco (+ .5mm)<br />True-welded crank<br />Riva F/A+ Jet kit<br />Boyeson Power reeds<br />Riva 1100 CDI<br />NGK plugs- BR8HS<br />R&D Aqua-Vein<br />Solas 14-21 Super Camber//Impros<br />Riva rideplate<br />Amsoil "AIO" @ 50:1 pre-mix, currently KLOTZ Ski-Craft<br />MOBIL-1 grease in the pump<br />Sears Diehard<br /><br /> Dream-meter shows 65---- GPS says 54.2 mph best, 9/14/02 @ 850 ft elevation

Comment

What is your guess behind the heavy gear oil that came out?

Comment

"Thermal Viscosity Breakdown" - Poor choice of lubricant.

If you is replacing the bearings, get the number off the race, and hit the local bearing distributor, you'll save a ton of money, as they is std off shelf bearings. NAPA may even have them.

Comment

The mechanic at work that does alot of auto rebuilding (figure it out as you go kind of person that can do anything) told me that AFTER I bought the bearing and seals. One more question, the Klotz oil says run it at a 40:1 or 50:1 ratio, but my 800xlt calls for 32:1 if you go premix. Would I still go 32:1??

Comment

I see no reason you could not go 32:1, but that is a lot of oil to burn, besides having to feed it through the carbs metering/internals. I will venture you will likely need to open all your adjust screws to make up for the oil going through the carbs... I did. I don't see why you could not run 40 or 50, as you will be running a synthetic, which will offer better protection than plain oil.

I run the Klotz & Amsoil in my weedeater, typically 32:1 for the last 10+ yr, still run like a champ.

Comment

Run 32:1 in your 800, not what a bottle says. 32:1 is the stock WOT ratio for that engine.
                  SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
                  We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
                  Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X