95 STS 750 voltage regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 STS 750 voltage regulator

My dad has a STS 750 which we decided to drop in the lake this weekend for the first time this year. He was telling me that the ski appeared only to be running on one cylinder when he took it out last year. We primed the carbs with a little gas and it seemed to sit and iddle ok. So when we put it in, I gave it some gas and the ski died. I had just rebuilt carbs on my Yamaha, so I was thinking they could be the problem. The ski seems to iddle alright, and you can give it a little gas and it will go a bit, but you hit a point where the ski will just die.

I then noticed that the gages weren't working. When you start it the gages come up but then start to fade away. This would make me thing the stator or voltage regulator isn't giving off enough juice to run them and the coil. The ski never did run out of juice to start, so I'm thinking it isn't drawing the battery down too much. Is this a voltage regulator problem, stator, or possibly bad coil? (BTW, he did replace the coil 2 years ago).
Working...
X