Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalling Waveblaster 2 Exhaust

Hi,

I had to replace my burned out starter with a new start from sbt. In order to get to the starter, I had to take the exhaust out. So far, everything is fine in the sense that I had replaced the starter and now I am reinstalling the the exhaust.

I have been following the Cylmer shop manuals and the SBT engine removal doc.

Here is where I am having a problem. For reinstallation of the exhasut, I decided to disassemble the Waveblaster 2 exhaust in 2 parts. I separated the pieces at the exhaust boot. (The exhaust manifold and the Exhaust elbow are one part and the other part consist of the muffler housing and the outer cover). I did this so it would be easier for me to torque the bolts.

Well it is true that I did have an easier time to torque the bolts but I am having a hell of a time reconnecting the muffler housing and the outer cover to the Exhaust elbow at the Joint/exhaust boot point.

The SBT instructions call for installing the exhaust as one big piece (No dissassembly at the joint/exhaust boot).

I have the following questions:

1. Is there any method in installing the exhaust if the parts are disassembled at the oint/exhaust boot?

2. If there is no way, and I follow the SBT method on installing the exhaust as one piece, how do I torque the bolts? It is a tight space and It will be difficult for me to use my torque wrench to torque the bolts.

3. Do I have to replace the exhaust manifold gasket? (I will have to remove the exhaust manifold from the engine bloc).

Any help or ideas will be appreciated, I have a new found appreciation for all the DIYers that tackle this type of mechanical work in their garage.

THanks!

-Al

Re: Reinstalling Waveblaster 2 Exhaust

Can anyone comment or help?

Comment

Working...
    X