Compression test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compression test

I am about to purchase a 1998 Seadoo Challenger 1800 with twin 787cc (110 hp) motors. I have had a compression test done with a result of 150psi. I have read somewhere that it should be about 165, is this a common drop in pressure for that age of boat and is it something that might be a problem sooner than later? [img]../ubb/icons/icon4.gif[/img] Thanks to anyone who has input.

Re: Compression test

That is just fine. They don't drop with age, they drop from damage. 165 is a very optimistic number. 150 is much more common and just fine. The most important thing is they are eithin a few psi of each other.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thank for the quick answer, I have one more question. The seller has mentioned to me that the last time he took it out the rpm was surging past 5500 rpm on the driver side engine. He said that he has not taken it in for any service in the 3 years he has owned it but done any "necessary" repairs himself(this statement make me nervous). I am thinking a possible fuel filter or injector, however I have no experience with this type of engine. Would this be somewhat of an easy fix?? I say knowing nothing is as easy as it sounds. Thanks again!

Comment

I can't guess without first hand details. I highly recommend you have the craft fully inspected by a qualified tech before you buy it if you are not going to do so your self. Most importantly water test it!!
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X