Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between a Yamaha 760 and 800

Hi
    Can any one tell me what the differences are between a 760 and 800 or if there is a web site to do the compareson?
    Thanks
    We're out of our medicine<br />out of our minds, and we want in yours, let us in

30 horsepower. The 760 has 90. The 800 has 120.
    The 760 is more reliable

Comment

They share nothing.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok, heres more for you..........which is better in your opinion, a 760 or a Seadoo xp? We lake ride quite a bit, but I really like the ocean, and I am not so quick to get back on the XP in deep water. Is the 760 more stable? Which one is more dependable the 760 or the XP, I just had a nightmare of a repair bill to clean up someone elses mess in the XP which runs great now, but I have a bit of a bad taste in my mout about the xp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks
        We're out of our medicine<br />out of our minds, and we want in yours, let us in

Comment

What year XP?

Comment

Sorry, 95 with a 720

Comment

The 760 is a LOT more stable, and the engine will have fewer problems, by far.

Comment

Just to clarify, the 760 is a 97 and the xp is a 95, sorry, still early....

Comment

Yep

Comment

cool, thanks..........hey, you wouldnt know anyone who wants to buy a 95 xp? (wink).

Comment

Hi Valerie! Welcome to the site, but no xp for me! LOL!
                      Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

The 760 is more reliable and the 800 has NEVER came close to 120 hps, try more like 100 actual.
                        Also the 760 has the better, bigger pump.
                        Either way, get a 1200...

Comment

Valerie,
                          I had the 800 and it was a great reliable ski. On the 760, the gauges are minimal. If you are just looking to go out and ride and have fun, go with the 800. The gauges are pretty accurate for fuel. The 760 has none. Again, good luck!
                          Texas Team Yamaha<br />#519 Novice <br />Region 5<br /><br /><a href="http://texasteamyamaha.com" target="_blank">Texas Team Yamaha</a>

Comment

IF were talking GP760 vs GP800 the gauges are the
                            same. Never dynoed an 800 but they will run
                            57 - 58 vs 50 for the 760. It would take more than a 10hp difference for that

Comment

Suzan has most likely never seen a GP760 up close, all GPs have the same gauge cluster.

Comment

Working...
                              X