Regular oil or 4 stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regular oil or 4 stroke

I'm new to the waverunner world so forgive my question if it seems dumb. I own two 2006 Yamaha VX-110 Deluxes. The manual says use four stroke oil only. I noticed my oil was down 1/4 quart so I put regular 10/30 motor oil in to bring the level back up. Will this do damage to my waverunner? Whats the difference between regular oil and four stroke oil?

Thanks
    Brad

Re: Regular oil or 4 stroke

well i know in 2 stroke skis, the oil type is 2-w, for 2 stroke outboards its 2-m, and i believe for four stroke skis its yamalube 4-M.
    1100 Venture
    mods soon to come....

Comment

Someone mentioned in one of these posts that Valvoline 10w-40 works well. Would this oil be the same oil that I put in my vehicle or does it have to be a special four stroke oil?

Comment

Well, I went to my local Yamaha dealer today. He tells me to stick with the Yama 10w/40 oil. It's best for the machine. What the hell, it's only money. Pretty expensive oil. The filter is a pain in the butt to change. Almost had to call the fire dept to free up my arm that was stuck between the hull and the engine.

Comment

Working...
        X