Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nostril" passages in venturi and pump housing

Greetings;

In overhauling my new `96 Challenger, I noticed two passages on the top side of the pump and venturi housings. On the pump housing, they open to the water above pump housing. In the venturi, they lead into the inside of the venturi, near the exit. One passage is completely blocked on the venturi (with aluminum, not foreign material), while the other side has a pinhole opening thru it...photo at http://www.flickr.com/photos/1054268...7602318341416/

Should these be fully blocked, or is this a sloppy casting---should they be open all the way thru the venturi?

Re: "Nostril" passages in venturi and pump housing

Those are supposed to be fully open, someone may have plugged them instead of doing a repair. They connect to the siphon lines that are probably now missing from your hull, to suck out any standing water. If you have an electric bilge pump, you are fine, but you need one or the other.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok, this is on a Challenger, with bilge pump...I'm guessing these are used with the "bilge sippers" I've heard of, in skis. I guess Sea doo saved some bucks in their castings, and just blocked them off on the Challenger boats. I'll plug `em with some JB weld and call it a day.

Comment

Looking at the microfiche, it doesn't even show the tubes on the casting. Maybe it was swapped from a ski model at some point, or maybe they did a change at the factory. Either way, yes, just plug them and you are good.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Bombardier used the same casting for ski's and jet-boats....the housing will fit the ski's too.... They just don't use the vacuum bailers like the ski's use.
          John Kubiak
          Powersports Technical Training Professional
          Las Vegas, Nevada
          Sea-Doo Tech 13736
          PWC Tech since 1988 (22 years)
          PowerSports since 1976 (34 years)
          NEVER BUY TIRES AT A "BLOW-OUT" SALE
          Please do not use Private Messaging, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X