787 carb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 carb help

i was checking my carbs on my 97 xp. to see if both carbs were geting fuel when i give it trottle.well when i give it gas when the engine is off looks like only the back carb is squirting fuel through the little brass tube just behind the choke butterflys shouldnt they both be squirting at the same time .i took all the lines out and used compressed air to clean the lines out even cleaned out the small fuel filter located in the front carb is this the way it supose to operate im use to automobile carbs :) does the front carb have a pump? i can only see the one on the back carb?

Re: 787 carb help

This is a very common problem and easy to fix. After removing the accellerator pump hose from the brass spray nipple in the side of the carbureator, grab the nipple with pliers or vise grips and twist and pull on it to remove the nipple from the carbureator.

Once you have it out, spray some canned brake cleaner into the fitting, then poke the check valve ball inside of the nipple with a small piece of wire to frree up the ball valve. Let it soak in some brake or carb cleaner for a few minutes.

Using a pop off tester to pump some air pressure into it, you can tell if the valve is releasing and working correctly. I have yet to find one I could not get working.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Originally posted by Bill O'Neal2
      This is a very common problem and easy to fix. After removing the accellerator pump hose from the brass spray nipple in the side of the carbureator, grab the nipple with pliers or vise grips and twist and pull on it to remove the nipple from the carbureator.

Once you have it out, spray some canned brake cleaner into the fitting, then poke the check valve ball inside of the nipple with a small piece of wire to frree up the ball valve. Let it soak in some brake or carb cleaner for a few minutes.

Using a pop off tester to pump some air pressure into it, you can tell if the valve is releasing and working correctly. I have yet to find one I could not get working.
      i think i tryed that on that side that wasnt sqirting sparayed some carb cleaner is about it and used my compressor to blow it out .vavle seems to work but still i just get a dribble from the front carb ill have to try again and let them soak lol thanks again oneil you are a big help:beer

Comment

Poke it with a stiff wire to loosen up the ball valve.
        Bill O'Neal <br>
        WCM
        <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Working...
        X