Repost::New engine Bogs wont go above fast Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repost::New engine Bogs wont go above fast Idle

I have 94 gtx that I had a new sbt engine and the carbs rebuilt with oem kits and seat and valve by a certified shop but owner closed and moved. I did new battery fuel lines, after market valve (on and off is reversed) First engine the rear crank seal slipped off, paid and put in new engine and to play it safe went though the carbs again been running great now finally. Been doing 50:1 in addition to the oil injection as this site says, plugs have been both dark brown on the double oil. I am at about 10 hours aprox now and all of sudden I lost power. The river was real choppy, beat you to death. It idles great but when in the water I give it gas and it will not bring up rpms and I can just go a little faster then idle, just making a wake. I changed plugs checked spark. The week before I noticed a little more vibration I thought. when running fast. Been told probally ignition coil cause i get shocked if I hold the boot to do the plug test. A week before the new battery was dead after sitting a week had checked was told battery was fine rechared overnight 2 amp slow. I did have the gas cap chain break and fall in 2 weeks before that was told to big to get stuck or stay stuck. Have not had access to compression check yet also was told could have spark but be to weak. UPDATE compression in both cylinders was 145. Can carbs be past rebuilding?? Found a missing screw from the intake manifold - what would that do, could that be it. Update 10/22 sprayed carb stuff while running around the manfold where the screw was missing and heard no change. I read another article on here about a rectifier what would that cause. New Choke cable came loose and the choke vibrated half shut - can't believe that, checked everything and missed that. Runs great
    Last edited by patw1211; 12-27-2007, 06:14 PM. Reason: Problem fixed

Re: Repost::New engine Bogs wont go above fast Idle

A bad rectifier would cause the motor to not rev up much past idle speeds. It would also account for the dead battery.
    Bill O'Neal <br>
    WCM
    <a href="http://www.watercraftmagic.com"

Comment

Re: Repost::New engine Bogs wont go above fast Idle

have a 97 xp went thru some of those same issues. mine turned out to be a stator issue. replaced it and it ran good.

Comment

Working...
      X