impeller froze up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impeller froze up

my impeller houseing has frozen up on the impeller itself if i have the houseing grinded out is there anything else i shoudl do? also what is the purpose of rebuilding the carbs? What will happen if i don't rebuild the carbs? If there is anything else you recommend i do please let me know thanks again.
    Greg

Carbs have nothing to do with the impeller. You need to rebuild your carbs if you know or suspec they have old fuel in them, debris in the filters, or have sat for a long time. If they are in need of a rebuild and you don't, you lean out and blow the motor.

If you mean your pump housing has swollen up and is binding the impeller, you cannot just 'grind' the housing, it requires a new liner to be pressed in or a new housing. www.islandracing.net can help you there.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

i know they have nothing to do with each other, and thank you for your time how much do crab rebuild kits cost about. do you guys sell the impeller hosueing? also on a seprate note how much do you sell new heads for and rings? what comes with the heads just the heads or what?
      Greg

Comment

The island link above sells the housings. We have the carb kits for $35 ea. for that model.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X