GTI SE Verses Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTI SE Verses Wake

I am looking at buying either the GTI SE 155HP or the Wake Supercharged 215HP Seadoo. I will predominantly be using it to tow around tubes, Kneeboards, etc and the odd skier or wakeboarder. I would like to be able to tow 2 tubes or kneeboards. In Aust $ the Wake is approx $5k more than the GTI SE and has the ongoing 100 hour Supercharger rework cost (up to $1k). I have been told that because of the GTI SE hull design, it is more fun as a solo rider than the Wake, but is the GTI SE likely to be powerfull enough to do what I am looking from the towing perspective? Any guidance would be appreciated, especially from existing GTI SE owners. Thanks.

Re: GTI SE Verses Wake

Hello, The gti se155 is a great ski, I personally own one here in the US , It has great bottom end and tops out with lite mods around 61 mph on radar. The ability to tow is fine, it will pull up 180 pound person on a single ski with out any issue at all. I dont know how well it would tow two at one time. The fuel milage is much better than a supercharged machine and maintenance is basically zero. The supercharged wake is a great ski too but my opinion is too many issues with the supercharger and uses much more fuel, But again its a great ski. It will pull two slalom skiers out of the water with no problem, and handling two skiers in turns is perfect. All depends what you want. I bought the gti 155 for the reliability factor and it is living up to that. Good luck with your chose, both are great machines. :)
    Last edited by Technical Support; 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X