Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting warranty thoughts....

Hello SBT,

I will be ordering a new engine in the spring (2008). Based on my reading, it appears as though many of us in the "Northern" part of North America purchase our engines in the spring, so the "warranty clock" does not start ticking. I am aware their are hardcore riders whom ride in sub-freezing temps., but would venture that this group is quite a minority. I would be very interested in purchasing an SBT engine in January, and having a leasurely 4 months installing/tweaking the engine before said craft/engine hits the water. However my warranty clock starts ticking when shipped from SBT. I do not want to start the warranty clock when I will not be starting the craft for 4+ months. Is there a way to electronically/mechanically monitor a new engine installation and start the warranty clock when the engine is actually installed/running? Not wishing to infringe on SBT trade secrets, but I would venture that their largest sales volume months would be April-May as all of us whom come out of the deep freeze and hibernation ready ourselves for the season. The advantage to SBT would be a more even sales volume distribution across the year, and evening out the really busy times (June - August??).

Wishing I could order an SBT engine in January(without starting the warranty),

Tippy

Re: Interesting warranty thoughts....

We are asked this question all of the time, it doesn't matter if you buy a toaster or a lawn mower the warranty is what it is. The standard package has a one year no fault warranty and the premium has a 2 year no fault warranty. How and when you choose to ride is up to you.
    Ericka
    SBT Sales
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

Hello Erika,

From all I have read, it appears that SBT is a proactive think outside the box, customer oriented, team company. If I had numerous customers inquiring about a service or product, I would immediately research as to the feasibility of providing said product/service. I am of the mindset of continous improvement, as in today's market climate, those companies whom do not continously improve are left behind.

For example, in the case of those customers in colder climes whom do not want to start the warranty clock ticking:

How about an mechanical/electrical intake lock...disallowing carb install? This would allow a relaxed enginge install/alignment AND not start the warranty clock. After the customer was ready, and unlocking device/code is used to allow install of the carbs and starting of the engine.

Tippy

Comment

not a bad idea, but I wouldn't want to pay the additional $$ because of the R&D and custom fab it will take to create such a unit.. That cost WILL get passed off to the customers, it has to. It will add what... $200 to the motor price? If that's the case, just get the 24 month warranty!

I look at it this way.. Probably 95%+ of SBT's clientele install the motor right away (shops, dealers, and private parties). The people who want to wait and take time while not ticking down the 12 months.. need to buy the 24 month warranty..

PS - I am one of those hard core, winter riders..
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Look at it this way, if you have a one year warranty, no matter when you buy it, you're only going to get one full riding season out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X