Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help wont stop cranking

hello
    I was trying to go for a ride today on my ski its a 1994 gtx with a 657x engine but when I try to start it it starts cranking and when I let go of the start button it keeps cranking over until I take off the battery cable and when I reconnect the battery cable it's ok (not cranking over) until I press the start button again it wont stop cranking it wont even try to fire but I do know its getting gas I think maybe mpems ??? stator??? is it looking for engine rpm and because it does not see it it keeps cranking??

thank you
    steve

Re: help wont stop cranking

Sounds like your starter solenoid is going out. Cheap fix, and dealer carries em.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

no I checked the solenoid its good it will stop cranking if I pull the 5a fuse then when I plug it back in its ok till I try to start again it also has no spark

Comment

if when you hook it back up to power it does not turn over it is not your solenoid ,if solenoid is stuck in the closed position power will go to starter as soon as you hook up power. the solenoid is just a switch!

try checking your starter switch at the contacts...? bypass the switch and try puting wires together to get the contact

Comment

Working...
        X