Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xp Di Misfire

GOOD DAY FROM SOUTH AFRICA

I have a 00 xp ltd and a 04 xp di, just returend from december holiday in mozambique where we jetskied in the surf,had a awsum time. after a couple days my di started acting strange.the ski has about 35 hrs on it and the maintenace notice started flashing,and cold starts my ski was misfireing running on one cylinder and no power,after running it for a wile it cleares and is ok full power is back and i can ride for as long as i like, beach the ski,relaunch and the misfire is back,run for a while and the engine clears,sounds like a faulty plug or water in the fuel but not sure,i did check the plugs seemed ok but regapped them,this made no diference,could it be a stiking rave valve from sea water?

one more question, my xp ltd will sometimes run on even with the dess pulled off just revs to max and pressing the start stop has no efect,pulling the throttle kills the engine

many thanks
    deon

Re: Xp Di Misfire

Deon, When a ski runs on it is likely due to a air leak in the crank case. Could be a leaking crank seal, reed cage leaking, failing air injector, many possibilities. This could also be the low speed miss, if it is an air injector failing. Pin point the cylinder that is not firering and swap air injectors, see if you move the problem to the other cylinder.
    Last edited by Technical Support; 01-07-2008, 12:16 PM.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X