warranty Q&A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranty Q&A

I have a motor with 1 hour on it from sbt that has a possible crank seal gone was just wondering see that this motor has not even been run probably it must have been that way from sbt if i were to bring it to an sbt supplier would they cover the cost of the job. and ya i know sbt policy's but seening that it must have came this way surely they need to help me better than a new motor.
    please help sbt. please

Re: warranty Q&A

Please call the warranty department. 1.877.330.0231. You will need the serial number to start the process.
    Ericka Buczkowski
    SBT

Comment

must get a 100% answer to what the problem is first. but if the motor came to me bad are sbt willing to help me out with the labour on this motor?????
      i think they should if i bring it to one of there dealers.

Comment

Have you contacted the warranty department yet? I have involved John in Warranty on the post and he is waiting to start the process. We can not determine a failure in the field.
        Last edited by Ericka-SBT; 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM.
        Ericka Buczkowski
        SBT

Comment

its getting checked to see what is the problem at a second dealer. the first guy said crank seal

Comment

We are here to help, give us a call if necessary.
            Ericka Buczkowski
            SBT

Comment

thank you. ill keep you posted. where is the nearest sbt dealer to zip 02171?

Comment

All product under warranty consideration is returned to the SBT factory in Clearwater Florida.
                Ericka Buczkowski
                SBT

Comment

If Its A Bad Motor That Is Bad From Your Shop Will You Guys Stand Behind The Labour Costs And Shipping Seeing That It Was Bad Fromthe Start?

Comment

Erika, sorry to butt in here but....

I have never seen a motor come bad FROM SBT. Most failures I have seen are due to shop install error.. Is this a outer or inner seal? If it's an outter seal, then the installing shop SHOULD have seen that failure and never installed it in the ski...

What type of ski and motor is this anyhow?

From all my experiences and readings, SBT pressure tests ALL of the motors prior to being shipped out. I beleive they can tell you the report on that motor on what it tested at prior to leaving FL.

I honestly think that you are not going to get a "will you cover it" answer on this board. If these situations happen (if being the pro word here), I am pretty sure it's a case by case situation on the actions that SBT takes.

I beleive it's pretty much written everywhere that the warranty will NOT cover install costs, period... SBT is a VERY fair and professional company, call them....

my .02 cents.
                    Dan Solie -
                    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
                    94 xp (freestyle mods)
                    95 xp (faster than the 94)
                    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Thanks Dan, no problem.
                      Ericka Buczkowski
                      SBT

Comment

got word from second dealer today that it was a carb issue. sorry for jumping the gun. but was going on what the first 1 said. so sorry

Comment

No problem. We are glad that you have gotten your issue resolved.
                          Ericka Buczkowski
                          SBT

Comment

Working...
                          X