SBT 4-Tec Bearings for Crank and CB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT 4-Tec Bearings for Crank and CB

I spoke to tech at SBT today about replacing the main and counterbalance shaft bearings on my 2002 Seadoo 4-Tec with SBT bearings. He explained that I would have to try different SBT bearings to get the proper squish. I thought about this some more and wanted some more information given the difference in cost between the SBT bearings and Seadoo.

Does this mean that SBT's bearing are made to different specifications than Seadoo's? I understand that I need to check the squish of the bearings, however, assuming that my journals are not worn significantly - why wouldn't SBT bearings be the same as Seadoo's from a process standpoint? A question about checking the squish is that I have been told to measure my case bolts prior to use, however, I cannot find a specification in my service manual. In addition, it doesn't seem like too good of an idea to stretch the bolts over and over if they are stretch bolts.

Am I confused here or missing something?

Re: SBT 4-Tec Bearings for Crank and CB

We've seen variation in the gap between the main bearing surface in the case and the crankshaft. We therefore provide a variety of bearing so the builder can "tune in" the exact clearance they want to achieve inside the manufactures specification. A brand new Seadoo case and Seadoo crank are specified as having "X" clearance, therefore Seadoo provides only 1 size of bearing. With case wear and/or variation in the crank surfaces, this may not be adequate. Therefore we provide a kit that has a range of sizes to get an exact fit. This is similar to what is done by other OE's (Yamaha, Kawi, etc). We can provide a "nominal" bearing kit that is the same as the OE, but also provide a kit that has ranges so the builder can accommodate any variation in the components.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

So, if I order the kit for the crank mains on the 4-Stroke page - is that the one that will come with an assortment?

Comment

Dean there is a new part # for the sea-doo standard bearing only size kit, SBT# 23-112-40k.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
        X