cooling water inlet stariner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling water inlet stariner

anybody got any information on inlet water strainers?

I see some shops advertising a jabsco screen type strainer you install in the water inlet line just before the engine.

as somebody who has burned up an exhaust elbow hose because some sand and pebbles got sucked up and blocked my exhaust pissers it sounds like a good idea to me.

I was not in shallow water -so I thought, but crossed a bar and apparently sucked up enough to jam up the works.

These jabscos have clear plastic covers you can check and clean out if the strainer is loaded.

thoughts?

Re: cooling water inlet stariner

good idea---go for it
    www.ISLANDRACINGPERFORMANCE.com

www.ISLANDRACING.net

Comment

They work great but, If there is a lot of sea grass while you are riding it will clog up fast and you could over heat the ski fast. I ride the mangrove trails and had one on my pro 1200 and constantly had to keep emptying it out. Some of the filters come with different size holes in the screen, find one that is not so restrictive. Those filters are a must for any aftermarket piped ski.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Yes, I also have seasonal leaves to deal with. Any idea what size mesh you ended up with? Also, where did you mount? In the engine compartment - gott get off to pull the seat, or under the rear seat where you have to re-route the hose to make it fit, but at least you don't have to get off to clean?

Comment

Working...
        X