No announcement yet.

New engine, no power to guages..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New engine, no power to guages..HELP!

No problem. Keep in touch.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

When your ready to ditch the stock airbox and put on F/A's let me know.. You'll gain some RPM and about 1-2 mph.
      Dan Solie -
      04 RXP (the "Instigator")
      94 xp (freestyle mods)
      95 xp (faster than the 94)
      JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

How much are they and how hard is it to install.......? also, what all options are available for the airbox..How many are available and what's the best deal? also, what EASY mods are available......?
        Last edited by kneeboardpro9; 03-12-2008, 02:58 PM. Reason: adding question
        Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255
        2003 GTX DI & 2003 GTI LE
        2000 GTX RFI Millenium Ed.

1990 Mastercraft 191 - Ford 351 Windsor GT40
        Team Mastercraft
        USA Waterski - 2003 KD CR7

Comment

After market air box, after market reeds and impeller up grade, these are all inexpensive and reliable. R&D makes a nice air system for the 951, look around on ebay.

Comment

ok....so update. Took the ski on the river today......not to good. It fouled a plug right off and changed that out. Afterwards, it would run real sluggish about to 3k rpm......later, after runnin it that low for a while, it wouldn't go any higher. Finally, it would open up but not ever above 4500. At the beginning, when you pull the throttle, it feels like the plug is fouled but then opens up...real sluggish...........It seemed at first like the rave valves, but i checked and they were not sticking......I went to my friends pier and adjusted the carb and still no different. ANY SUGGESTIONS? seems like the valves but they arent sticking so maybe carb is to rich? or possibly main bearing? Something in exhaust? Also, I do have a slight exhaust leak where the pipes mate........not bad but just a tad and i need to seal it but was waiting to see if running would seal. ???? I have some thoughts but figured i would ask yall first. It will be tomorrow after school before i will get back to it so i will check on here periodically. Thanks in advance for your help!
            Last edited by kneeboardpro9; 03-12-2008, 09:26 PM. Reason: another piece of info
            Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

How did you set the carbs? Per the factory settings? Sounds like your WAY rich (stumbling at take off) then the carb clears out. Also, fix that exhaust leak.. You could be starving the motor from air because of the exhaust gasses.
              Dan Solie -
              94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

I know i need to reset them....The H is about 1/4 out...and L is about 1 1/4. I have tightened down my clamp and am still getting a small leak. Seams form the lower part as i found the oil dripping out yesterday after running it. I will try to get a longer screwdriver today and check the screws and see what they are set on. Hopefully, I can figure out something and get back on the river by saturday as we are putting our ski boat back in the water to break in the new 351 Windsor we dropped....so i would like to get both done that day. I will let you know what i figure out today...

Also is there a way to figure out if it is running right out of the water or do i have to have a load on the engine
                ?

Thanks!
                Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

Yes, you need to put a load on it to test it properly. Dsolie is right if you are leaking exhaust gasses into the engine compartment you will starve the engine of air and it will choke it self, not allowing it to hit high rpms. This could also make it hard to restart.

Comment

well then, this explains the reason i had to play around to restart it....It idles fine for a minute and then wil kill itself if i dont keep it up a little bit. I talked with my friend that rebuilt the last one with me and we figured the exhaust had something to do with it. Any suggestions to seal the exhaust. I DO have a new gasket and we prepped the sealing surface where the two pipes meet. Would the copper gasket maker work....I know we have used this on the boat motor when putting to riser and manifolds back.....It worked for that and i know it is a high tem solution and is designed for exhaust.......????
                    Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

Re: New problem on SBT 951 in 2000 XP

ok. so i have a new problem. I fixed the exhaust leak . I turned to screws on the tops of my carbs all the way in. I started it up and it started to immediately glowplug.well, form what i read thats what it sounds like. I can bring it back down with the choke and can lower the idle to about 24 and hold the throttle when it tried to die. but above 2500, it starts to run way upp and i can choke it down or release the throttle completely. S, did i adjust the right screws or whats going on.?
                      Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

NO!!!!!! I bet you are free-revving.. scary as hell the first time isn't it lol

You had your carbs about right before. 1/4 MAX on the highs, and 1-1/4 +/- 1/4 for the lows.

Set idle to be at 3000 out of the water.
                        Dan Solie -
                        94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

dan or tech support,

the screws on the top, which are these? HIGH OR LOW? I thought these were the lows and i have them in......they are hard as crap to get to.....Where are the others, do i need to mess with them, and can i adjust them without the airbox pulled? Let me know what to do ASAP......im goin back to the river tomorrow so i can do some minor carb stuff before i launch.

Dan, can you give me a call sometime tomorrow.....That way if I need some help on the river with adjustments, i can get some!

My number is 251-979-0195. If i don't answer, ill call you back when i get out of class and make sure it is you.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
                          Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

The ones at the top are the HIGHS.. the lows on the bottom are a PAIN to get to, especially with the stock airbox in place. The PTO carb (rear), is difficult, but the MAG (front) carb is downright impossible. You will have to have a buddy hold open the throttle all the way, and the choke a little, to get your hands in there. It can be done though..

That's another one of the MAJOR benifits to running aftermarket F/A's.. Just pop em off real quick and you have FULL access to the carbs.

I'll give you a call tomorrow, look for a call from the 360 area code... That's me. By the way.. What's your name?
                            Dan Solie -
                            94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

That's what i figured. I will try to do this before i launch them. but i'll wait until i talk to you that way i know what to adjsut which one to. The box wasnt to hard to get on after i swappedthe mount around so i might try to do it that way. how much easier would it be if i removed them?

So i can get to the high's fine. That do i adjust them to. Zero or 1 1/4 out?

By the way, It's Ken

Thanks!
                              Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

So took it out again today and more problems. It wasnt the exhaust leak causing the sluggish. It is DEF. the MAG carb. I pulled my plugs and the PTO plug looked fine....nice colors but the MAG looked BAD! white, wet and gassy. NO FIRE AT ALL! I know it is firing but i guess it is WAY too rich. I need some help on how to get to the screw. I popped my airbox off but never felt anything. I remember from when i had them pulled but can't remember with them back in the boat how to get around the linkage and all to adjust it. Any suggestions?
                                also, After i changed the plugs, it wouldn't run. it started once and then died. The oil light on the fuel guage came on and it wouldn't start. I waited a while and put the key on, it started and immediately died and then try to start again, about half second on the starter and long beep.

DONT KNOW WHATS GOIN ON HERE......nothing has changed except i fixed the exhaust leak and played with the carb. Why am i getting this light? .
                                Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

Working...
                                X