No announcement yet.

New engine, no power to guages..HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New engine, no power to guages..HELP!

Yea your not getting fuel in the front cylinder, make sure your fuel line are right on the front carb and not crossed. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

checked lines...they are fine. I pulled the carbs and all but rebuilt them again. They ok and flow fuel now. I put it together again and cranked up. Front cylinder still no combustion. Checked spark while running with screwdriver from plug wire to plug and nice spark present on both plugs. Plug is coming out with fuel on it, but not any color change or heat present. PTO plug is slightly rich, and warm and nice coloring. I dont understand unless it is something like the seal or a base gasket. I made sure the carbs are tightened down and no leak there. Something odd is going on here....

How do I check if it is still a gasket leak or seal? is this under my warranty?
      Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255
      2003 GTX DI & 2003 GTI LE
      2000 GTX RFI Millenium Ed.

1990 Mastercraft 191 - Ford 351 Windsor GT40
      Team Mastercraft
      USA Waterski - 2003 KD CR7

Comment

Ken... Have you checked pop-off yet?? If the front carbs PO is WAY off, it's not going to deliver much, if any fuel...
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

So i will call today on a guage. I called the sea doo dealer where i have spent LOTS of $$ btween our three skis and they dont have one. and they want close to $100 for one. How much should they be. Im not looking to buy one for alot since I am only having problems on this one and the GTX is fuel inj.

Like tech support said, how would i go about checking the seals and gaskets. Also, is it covered under warranty?
          Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

The mikuni gauges are under $50..

You can get a Watcon gauge here.. www.watcon.com (that's the one I have too)
            Dan Solie -
            94 xp (freestyle mods)

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

If the motor is in its w/a period it is covered. Crank seals and all of the sealing surfaces that our factory is responsible for would be covered. Not external gaskets that the customer installs.
              SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
              We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
              Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

so...The lines are on the front seem right. The one from under the intake manifold goes to the pulse, the and then the other two lines are different sizes so they can't get swapped. I ghave talked tom some friends and they suggest maybe the intake manifold gasket. This makes some sense since i did have some MAJOR backfires when the magneto cup was moved. I am going to pull the carbs again and chekc the manifolds and gaskets. Any suggestions?
                Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

Check the reeds too.. Backfires can destroy reeds too.
                  Dan Solie -
                  94 xp (freestyle mods)

Comment

I JUST pulled the intake manifolds and reed cages. I have one set of reeds that are bowed out a tad and it is on the front cage. I am going to put another reed on and look at it. Everything else seems fine. the carb gaskets and all seal fine. Before i pulled the manifold, we checked vacuum on each cylinder and it was noticably lower on the front cylinder. So Basically it is between the reeds or crank seal......I HOPE IT IS THE REEDS!!! Any suggestions as to other brainstorm ideas? ...

So....replaced reed petals and put it together again.....Better suction on front....good on both cylinders now. still no ignition in fornt cylinder though. So the good vacuum should rule out crank seal....Right? So we checked carbs and cleaned and messed with them and still no change. I thought it hit for a minute because excessive oil being burnt-the unburnt in front cylinder- plug warm for about 1 minute and then cool. changed to new plug and no igniton still.... Pulling carbs again and doing COMPLETE REBUILD again and see what we can figure out.
                    Last edited by kneeboardpro9; 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM.
                    Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255

Team Mastercraft

Comment

Working...
                    X