Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Ultra 150 Second Cylinder Connecting Rod

Hello Everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem that I am encountering. My 2000 Kawasaki Ultra 150's second cylinder connecting rod burst into pieces last summer. As the result of no oil getting to the second cylinder. Resulting in an entire engine overhal and hundreds of dollars in repairs. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and has alternatives? I was thinking of disconnecting the oil supply to the carbs and mixing 50:1 in the gas tank? But I was told to leave oil supply to the balancers?

Even though its a total pain in the neck, Being a 20 year old college student this is my first entire engine rebuild and the amount i have learned from this is amazing... Also if anyone of you are going through the same problems and need some help, and trust me, i busted plenty of nuckles and some swearing to get that engine apart, feel free to ask away.

Re: 2000 Ultra 150 Second Cylinder Connecting Rod

There is a conversion kit to run pre-mix for your ski, You should not just go and run pre mix AND keep the oil injection hooked up to the balancer because it will put excessive amounts of oil to the front and rear cylinders.You have to remember that the oil going to the balancer also is used in the cylinder for lubrication. The conversion kit isolates the counterbalancer area to a sealed compartment and must have oil added to it the first time to keep the balancer bathed in oil, since the oil is not consumed by the engine now you would have to change it periodically because it will get dirty. This is the only way to set your engine up properly to run pre-mix. The down side to doing this is that the crank case has to be taken apart to do the internal block off to the cylinders from the balancer area. The setup works good but you have to remember to pump the old oil out of the balancer compartment and change it every once in a while. Most people that own STXrs and Ultras are not aware that each line that comes off the oil injection pump, pump oil at different rates to the cylinders and if they are mixed up the engine will starve for oil and seize. Tom SBT tech .
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 2000 Ultra 150 Second Cylinder Connecting Rod

http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...achmentid=2860 This is the order of the oil pump lines, VERY IMPORTANT. I put this on the site to help you guys out, not many people are aware of this.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X