99 Genesis top end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Genesis top end

Have 99 Genesis run good till about 45 useto run 60. Feels like it is surging compression is good.

Re: 99 Genesis top end

Did you ever rebuild the carbs? Surging means starving for fuel. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It is fuel injected ran injector cleaner through a few times no good.

Comment

Did not know it was a EFI, At the bottom of the fuel sending unit in the tank is a fuel filter, good chance is starting to clog up. You need a spanner wrench for a carter electric fuel pump ( intank electric fuel pump) to un screw the ring that holds the unit into the tank, carefully remove the unit and inspect it. I've also had issues with the small wires going to the coils deteriorating and losing spark to a cylinder, so check for spark. Let me know what you find. I know those skis pretty good and we will figure it out. Tom SBT tech.

Comment

What kind of resistance to ground should coils read. or what other way can you check them. Also what is best way to check throttle position sensor. Found no kinked hoses. Wires to coils looked good. Perfored volume test on sending unit checked good filter looks ok. Did find injectors very dirty, cleaned.

Comment

If you have at least 120 lbs of compression you are ok, Check spark on each cylinder, If you have spark, Remove the intake manifold (the 18 bolts) that hold it to the engine block and see if you have broken reeds. If reeds are broken that your problem. Tom SBT.

Comment

Reed vales were ok but had a pretty good leak around where they fit into block, have what looks like a o ring in a fit, is this a o ring or something special if so where can i get them at?

Comment

That is the rubber seal that is made into the flange of the reed cage, You can try to clean the area with acetone and use gasket sealer, like ultra copper or the black permatex silicone to seal the surfaces.

Comment

Ok sealed leak on intake, coils, wires and plug wires ok, fuel pump and filter ok cleaned fuel injectors. problem still the same, comes out of the hole like a bat out of hell runs great till 45 than feels like its surging.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdd View Post
                    Have 99 Genesis run good till about 45 useto run 60. Feels like it is surging compression is good.
                    Finally found problem replaced stator and magnet had came of fly wheel was not enough voltage for injectors on top end. Didnot solve just cost me a bundle for nothing.
                    Last edited by bigdd; 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Where can I find a filter no luck locating a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support View Post
                        Did not know it was a EFI, At the bottom of the fuel sending unit in the tank is a fuel filter, good chance is starting to clog up. You need a spanner wrench for a carter electric fuel pump ( intank electric fuel pump) to un screw the ring that holds the unit into the tank, carefully remove the unit and inspect it. I've also had issues with the small wires going to the coils deteriorating and losing spark to a cylinder, so check for spark. Let me know what you find. I know those skis pretty good and we will figure it out. Tom SBT tech.
                        where can I find a filter?

Comment

Working...
                        X