SBT engine break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBT engine break in

I now have my new engine installed and have a small question about the break in of it. I read the break in procedure but the question is about if the first 10 minutes are on dock? If so, or if it is possible, is it ok to do a load with ski in the water but tied to the dock or trailer provided it's in the water far enough. The reason I am asking is we have a river for boats only down the road here in Columbus that does not allow PWC's, but at this time of year there is none out and the dock is empty so if I leave it on the trailer I should be ok and not break any laws.I see in the videos SBT does testing on the docks and was thinking about the same. Also is there a concern over water temps? Would it be too cold?After I run it , the ski is going right back into the garage.
    Thanks
    Rob

Re: SBT engine break in

I have done a partial break in on a dock before. it works. The only thing you can't simulate is the extra loading the pump gives the motor in turns and deceleration.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Rob, just leave it on the trailer and back it down the ramp and fire it up, You basically want to check Idle, make sure nothing leaks and no bogs at light throttle. Run if for about 15 to 20 min at the ramp, try a re start once or twice and if all is well then wait till the weather is better and do a full break in. You really need to ride it to do proper break in because you should be varying the throttle and have a load on the engine. Tom SBT tech.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Thanks guys, That is what I really wanted to do is just get it down to the river and run it to make sure all is good and do the first idle there. After that, if I know all is well then what till the season allows me to take it to the lake a run from there with vary the throttle. I hate to hold up the ramp to do the idle part, trying to be considerate,

Thank you again.

Comment

No problem Rob, Let us know how she does.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I will, and thank you, I have spent most the the winter trying to make this go right and just want to make sure all is well before I get to the lake.

Comment

Re: SBT engine break in ( UPDATE )

Tom
              Thanks for the info on the break in, I ran the ski in the water today and did what you said about turning it on and off during my test. It seemed to run good so far, minus the smoke from start up but that is to be expected. Now the real test is when I put it in the water for a drive it. Therefore, I at least know the engine runs and that takes a relief off my shoulders.
              But, it does seem a little sluggish, is this normal? Due to the oil mixture, it idles great sitting there but I gave it a little gas for a second when I pulled it out it and it didn't seemed to have any push as in trying to get the water out of the system. Does it take much in ( water ) during idle or am I missing ?
              Thanks for your help and when the weather permits and the water here warms up, I let you know how it goes.
              Rob
              Last edited by 2foxyseadooers; 03-29-2008, 07:53 PM. Reason: new update

Comment

Working...
              X