Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 stx 1100 wont rev above 5500 rpm

Hi,

I recently purchased a 99 stx 1100, that had received a top and bottom rebuild OCT 07. When i took the unit out for her maiden ride, the water circulator pisser was blocked and the EMM went into S.L.O.W mode. After rectifying the blockage that prevented proper water circulation, I took the unit out for a tester on the water and found the motor wont rev above 5500 rpm. I replaced the spark plugs and got full power (up to 7500 rpm> for approx 5 minutes of riding time, then my ski began surging and returned to the 5500 rpm slug that it was prior.
    About the only thing that seems to make any sense was to compression check the motor. I received 100 to 105 psi on all 3 cylinders. It seemed rather odd that a motor that has recently been reconditioned, with the mechanical receipts as proof could have such low compression. Will the low compression affect the ski from attaining its full rev's?

Re: 1999 stx 1100 wont rev above 5500 rpm

Low compression could cause many different starting and running issues. Surging is more than likely related to fuel delivery issues, remove the fuel sending unit and replace the fuel filter in the bottom of the fuel pick up / sending unit. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X