Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 GSX-Ltd Maint Light

SD Gang,

My craft's maint light goes on temporarily when I initially start it, then it turn’s off.

This may help - (another indicator) once on the charger, it takes longer to become fully charged in comparison with the other Jet Ski – similar model, year and same battery purchase date – all same, same.

It runs great and hits 65mph relatively easy…it’s a great machine but the maint light bothers me…can someone chime in and provide guidance?

Regards,

Bill

Re: 1999 GSX-Ltd Maint Light

It's supposed to light up when you first start it.. It's when it STAYS on that you have an issue...

It's like starting the car, all the alarms go off, for a second.

As far as the charging issue, depends.. Before you put it on the charger, see what the voltage is, compared to the other ski, and as a baseline.

Your rectifier might not be putting out as much voltage as the others.. As long as your battery doesn't die while running though, you are fine.
    Dan Solie -
    04 RXP (the "Instigator")
    94 xp (freestyle mods)
    95 xp (faster than the 94)
    JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Re: 1999 GSX-Ltd Maint Light

You might have a cell going bad in the battery, doesn't matter how old it is, most watercraft batteries are shot after two seasons. Tom SBT tech.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X