Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 XLT Carb Settings

Hey guys,
    I just put a new SBT Engine in my 1200, rebuilt the carbs, pump, etc. The only part I'm having trouble with is determining how I should initially set up my carbs. I've got a stinger exhaust, so I'm not really concerned with the high end settings. What I am concerned about is getting the bottom end settings fairly close so that I don't have to take this thing apart again to adjust it. Any suggestions on where I should start? I've read a couple of things that said I should start the bottom end at about 1 turn out. Is that right? If I do that, will adjustments to the top end effect the adjustments needed for the bottom end? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

JD

Re: 2001 XLT Carb Settings

With out doing a plug check there is no way to tell what you need to set them to. Use the factory settings to start at. Dont guess at carb settings or you will be replacing another engine.It takes time to adjust carbs to the proper settings, also you might want to call the company that makes your exhaust to see what jetting they recommend. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: 2001 XLT Carb Settings

I'm just looking at a baseline to start at. I found a posting yesterday that suggested the low end be set at 1 1/8 out. High end (Mag) 1 1/4, (Ctr) 1 1/4, (PTO) 1 1/2. Does this sound like a good place to start? Where do I find out info on doing a plug check? The exhaust I have is a Stinger II from Riva. From what I understand, no carb modifications are needed for this particular exhaust.

Comment

Working...
      X