4-tec supercharger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-tec supercharger question

I own a 2006 seadoo rxp. I have heard tell of the ceramic washers in the supercharger unit failing and sending pieces into the engine and causing major internal engine damage. My rxp has 50 hours on it and a warranty till 2011, but does anyone suggest rebuilding the supercharger unit before the washer fail as to prevent having to deal with possibly replacng the good factory engine with a dealer installed god knows who's crappy rebuilt? Do the washer really fail this way? Would a reputable dealer rebuild with the supercharger with the steel washers or the factory ceramics? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    Christopher M. Barrett

Re: 4-tec supercharger question

Yes they will fail at some point. For 08 the sea-doo watercraft will tell you on the instrument cluster when the supercharger has enough wear on it and it is due for rebuilding. Also if you go past 5 hours of of use before the supercharger is rebuilt, you will void your warrantee and if you encounter a supercharger failure at this point you could be S.O.L. with a possible major engine failure. The new 08 superchargers now are factory built with metal washers. Dont take any chances and install metal washers A.S.A.P also rebuild the supercharger every 100 hrs to prevent any serious engine damage. Tom SBT tech.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Tom, Looking at buying a 2008 RXP-X. How reliable are the newe ones?
      Ken Folsom

2008 RXP-X 255
      2003 GTX DI & 2003 GTI LE
      2000 GTX RFI Millenium Ed.

1990 Mastercraft 191 - Ford 351 Windsor GT40
      Team Mastercraft
      USA Waterski - 2003 KD CR7

Comment

Depends Ken... They are reliable, but have issues as well. It is meant for a closed course ski, tight turns, and low end power. Constant high speed runs are causing issues with the motor.

It's actually cheaper to buy an older RXP and put a X charger on it.
        Dan Solie -
        04 RXP (the "Instigator")
        94 xp (freestyle mods)
        95 xp (faster than the 94)
        JS550 (the toothpick & the loaner)

For FREE Seadoo Manuals - Click HERE!!!!

http://www.tripleateam.com/water/v/U...ery/Dan-Solie/

**** Please do not PM me. I don't do PM's.... Please post your question on the correct forum so that all can see and learn. Thanks! ****

Comment

Its a real nice ski and has some real cool items on it, The motors are basically the same with different intercoolers, superchargers,Ecm is different, larger pump venturi, fuel injectors are different and a few other things. The RXT-X had some hull issues at first but I'm sure Sea-Doo will get them worked out. The ski is expensive and you might be able to get a left over 08 RXP for a lot less and add the rising rate fuel controller and the X supercharger and should be just as fast. Both hulls handle about the same. I have not heard any issues about running it hard on straighaways and I have a few buddys that run theirs pretty hard.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X